Master in Transport & Logistics Management
This path leads directly to your goal
- Accreditation: FIBAA accredited
- Credits: 60, 90 or 120 ECTS, depending on your previous studies
- Language of instruction: 100% English
Take the driving seat
When it comes to transport from point A to B, it is becoming more and more important in our globalised world to recognise and solve strategic and logistical problems. With its international focus, this Master’s degree programme examines current trends and provides insights into new approaches to passenger and freight transport.
You learn to master practical challenges and are prepared for a future in the logistics and transport industry. As experts in logistics planning and management, successful IUBH graduates are in high demand as logistics managers, supply chain analysts, traffic planners and operations managers in various areas such as logistics services at federal, local and public transport authorities.
The focus in the 2-semester and the 3-semester Transport & Logistics Management programme is on in-depth knowledge of the logistics and transport industry. In the 4-semester version, you deepen your knowledge in the field of general management in addition to gaining technical skills.Facts about the degree programme
: Master of Arts (M.A.)Study model
: on CampusCampus
: Bad Honnef Programme duration
- 60 ECTS: 2 semesters
- 90 ECTS: 3 semesters
- 120 ECTS: 4 semesters
: Bachelor’s degree, placement test if necessary, proof of English language skills
The prerequisites differ between the programmesProgramme Structure
:What you will learn from us
The Transport & Logistics Management Master’s degree programme prepares you to analyse strategic and logistical problems with scientific methods, to develop solution concepts, and to implement them within a company:
- You learn and practice the application of scientific methods in the field of transport and logistics.
- You deal with passenger traffic as well as goods traffic in both theory and practice.
- You learn about business and economic methods, concepts and contents that you can apply in nationally and internationally oriented companies in the industry.
- You acquire the skills to analyse strategic and logistic problems using scientific methods and to develop relevant solutions.
Studying at the IUBH supports and challenges you. Here is what you need to become part of our university.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Supply Chain or Logistics from an accredited university (at least 3 year programme or equivalent to 180 ECTS)
- Final grade of at least "Satisfactory" (Minimum grade point average equivalent of 3.0 according to the German grading system)
- Proof of English proficiency: Academic IELTS 6.0 / TOEFL IBT 80 points / PTE 56 points (overall) / Cambridge Advanced or Proficiency
Depending on the duration of your Bachelor you can access our 1, 1.5 or 2 year Master in Transport & Logistics.
If you have a Bachelor´s degree from fields other than the ones mentioned before, you can still access our 2 year Master in Transport & Logistics by doing our Business-Preparation Semester (Path2Master) and/or the TASC examination.
Just send us your application and our Admission team will guide you on your different options.Aptitude Test TASC
The TASC examination is used to determine if you have the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully pursue the IUBH degree programme to which you are applying. Preparatory study materials are available on our CLIX learning platform to all candidates who will be taking the test. The materials include further literature references and detailed instructions that make it possible to work, for the most part, independently in preparation for taking the test.Career
:What are my prospects
The international orientation of your studies and the logistics and transport industry makes you a global player. After graduation, for example, you can work as a ...
Your career? International
- Logistics Consultant
- Sourcing Manager
- Process Manager
Whether it is at a global medium-sized company or at a multinational corporation abroad – the IUBH prepares you well for the global job market. The numbers speak for themselves: 3 out of 4 of our graduates work in an international environment, and every third person works abroad.The IUBH is constantly on the look out for new partners and fruitful cooperations
We are very grateful for the commitment of our partners who support us in a variety of ways through grants, sponsorship, guest speakers, events, direct recruitment and more. Over time, a special relationship develops between the IUBH and the cooperation partner. The exchange between the two deepens and all sides profit from the individual cooperation contract. The goal of these partnerships is to support interested students and graduates and to give them the best possible chances and insights.