Master International Hospitality Management
Key information at a glance:Next start of studies
- Bad Honnef: March / September
- Berlin: April / October
: FIBAA accreditedCredits
: 60 ECTSLanguage of instruction
: 100% English
Enter the global hospitality arena
Hospitality Management covers a very wide field with countless, often cross-industry opportunities. In addition to the classic hotel sector, it includes the hospitality industry as well as adjacent industries, such as amusement parks, casinos or airlines, and service providers such as hospitality consulting or IT service providers.
As a graduate, you will be in demand in the areas of catering, conference and event management, tourism and leisure, entertainment and facility management as well as food service management. This Master’s degree programme will give you an insight into one of the fastest growing global industries. You will develop operational and strategic management skills with us, which you can later apply in the hospitality sector.
Hospitality – It’s much more than the hotel business!Facts about the degree programme
- Degree: Master of Arts (M.A.)
- Study model: on Campus
- Campus: Bad Honnef, Berlin
- Programme duration: 2 semesters
- Admission: Bachelor’s degree, placement test if necessary, proof of English language skills
- Non-Business Graduates: International Management for career changers
Study Hospitality as a Major
When you major in Hospitality in the International Management Master programme (4 semesters, 120 ECTS), you will deepen your professional skills and your knowledge in the area of ??General Management.Programme Structure
:What you will learn from us
The International Hospitality Management Master’s degree programme prepares you for challenges you face as a leader in the hospitality industry:
How does the course of studies work
- You learn how to strategically and operationally apply management concepts to international companies
- You deepen your knowledge of the structure and success factors of value-adding business models – in the hospitality industry in general and in the hotel industry in particular.
- You discuss the development and maintenance of international hotel brands, financing of growth strategies and profit-oriented operation of individual hotels.
For our two-semester Master's programme you need a Bachelor's degree with 240 ECTS. If you already have professional experience or take our TASC placement test, a Bachelor's degree with 210 ECTS may be sufficient.Where you will be studying
You can pursue our Aviation Management Master’s degree at the two German campuses in Bad Honnef and Berlin.Study Hospitality as a Major
When you major in Hospitality in the International Management Master programme (4 semesters, 120 ECTS), you will deepen your professional skills and your knowledge in the area of ??General Management.Admission requirements
Studying at the IUBH supports and challenges you. Here is what you need to become part of our university.
Aptitude Test TASC
- Language skills: English, academic IELTS 6.0/ TOEFL IBT 80 points/ PTE 56 points (51 points in each range)
- Bachelor's degree in economics (240 ECTS) or
- Bachelor's degree in economics (210 ECTS) + relevant work experience (30 ECTS) or
- Bachelor degree from other fields (210 ECTS) + Path2Master (30 ECTS) or
- Bachelor degree from other fields (210 ECTS) + TASC
- Final grade of at least "Satisfactory" (3.0)
The TASC examination is used to determine if you have the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully pursue the IUBH degree programme to which you are applying. Preparatory study materials are available on our CLIX learning platform to all candidates who will be taking the test. The materials include further literature references and detailed instructions that make it possible to work, for the most part, independently in preparation for taking the test.Career
:What are my prospects
The Hospitality Management MBA programme prepares you for a range of responsibilities. After graduation, for example, you can work as a ...Your career? International
Whether it is at a global medium-sized company or at a multinational corporation abroad – the IUBH prepares you well for the global job market. The numbers speak for themselves: 3 out of 4 of our graduates work in an international environment, and every third person works abroad.The IUBH is constantly on the look out for new partners and fruitful cooperations
We are very grateful for the commitment of our partners who support us in a variety of ways through grants, sponsorship, guest speakers, events, direct recruitment and more. Over time, a special relationship develops between the IUBH and the cooperation partner. The exchange between the two deepens and all sides profit from the individual cooperation contract. The goal of these partnerships is to support interested students and graduates and to give them the best possible chances and insights.