Bachelor in International Marketing Management
New at the IUBH: Bachelor in International Marketing Management
Whether in an agency, a consulting firm, a marketing department within a company or directly with an internet service provider - creative marketing specialists are in high demand. This means that virtually every company - nationally and internationally - is a potential employer for you. This sector, in particularly the digital economy, is growing steadily and thereby offers great career prospects.
The International Marketing Management degree programme is business management oriented, while at the same time highly topical and practice oriented. Case studies, group projects, field trips and an integrated internship ensure direct practical relevance.
The specialisations offered let you gain expertise during your studies in exciting areas such as:
- Online Marketing
The combination of classic management skills with specific knowledge of marketing and specialisations in areas such as online marketing, communication and sales prepare you for one of the most attractive and multifaceted professional fields with excellent career prospects. Facts & Figures
Your benefits at IUBH
- Degree: Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
- Duration: 6 semesters
- ECTS-Credits: 180
- Language: English
- Studies: full-time
- Internship: 1 semester
- Study abroad: 1 semester (optional)
- Campus: Bad Honnef
- Intakes: Spring & Autumn.
You have the opportunity to develop your strengths according to your interests, and to then bring them together into your career. The study programme gives you comprehensive and application-oriented knowledge in all areas of marketing. Benefit from
- Lectures held in English and intensive exchange with professors and fellow students
- A strong link between theory and practice through case studies, projects, certificates and internships
- Acquisition of key social competencies and management skills
- Getting a solid business education as well as an entire spectrum of knowledge about the fields of marketing, communication and sales
- Opportunity to specialise in future oriented thematic areas like online marketing, communication and sales
- An international campus environment with students and professors from over 50 nations
- Access to extensive network of industry contacts in Germany and abroad for internships and career
- Excellent career prospects.
Your preparation for an professional field with a promising future. Order of study
: 1st Semester
? Academic Research I
? Human Resources
? Service Operations & Organisation
? Intercultural Communication
? Service Project Management
? Financial Accounting 2nd Semester
? Business & Marketing Research
? Consumer Behaviour
? Financial Management
? Management & Cost Accounting
? Computer Analysis
? Organisational Behaviour 3rd Semester
? German Law
? International Law
? Sales & Distribution
? International Marketing Communication
? Current Issues in Marketing 4th Semester
Internship in Germany or Abroad 5th Semester
? Business Communication
? Marketing Controlling
? Customer Relationship Marketing
? Online Marketing
or: optional Semester Abroad6th Semester
? Entrepreneurship & New Venture Management
? Strategic Marketing Management
? Academic Research II
? International Marketing Project Bachelor Thesis & Colloquium
The new degree programme International Marketing Management at the IUBH combines a solid business education with specific knowledge about the field of marketing. The demands of the industry, and also in particular the demands of employers in the digital economy, were taken into consideration when developing the curriculum. Consequently, the degree offers optimal access to an exciting professional field with attractive career prospects in Germany and abroad.
The study programme consists of three core elements as well as additional qualifications:
- Business Administration: This is the core structure of the study programme and includes courses such as mathematics, statistics, micro and macro economics, accounting and law.
- Industry specific courses: In these courses you acquire all the relevant knowledge you will need for your future career as a marketing expert. You will explore detailed knowledge about specific management issues such as human resource management, project management and market research. In addition you deal with issues such as customer behaviour, budgeting, campaign planning, international marketing communications, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and marketing strategy.
- Specialisations: In the 5th semester you choose one from three attractive specialisations and focus on strategies and tools of online marketing, PR communication and branding or on sales and negotiation strategies in sales.
- Additional Qualifications: Computer applications, organisational theory and intercultural training round off the profile of your studies. In addition, you will become familiar with basic research methods. Already at the beginning of your studies you will develop key skills and train your communicative and intercultural competencies.
The courses offered in your study programme are given in both lecture and seminar format.Class size is max. 30 participants, interaction and intensive dialogue with fellow students and professors are in the foreground.
Practical and international experience while studying.Internship Semester
An internship is a fixed component of your study programme and allows you to directly apply your academic knowledge to practical situations and to learn about future career fields.
The fourth semester is reserved for a sector specific internship. It can be completed at agencies or companies. The internship sharpens your awareness for further study courses and career prospects.
You can complete the internship in Germany or abroad. It is a strategically important element of the programme that lets you start building your first contacts in the industry and make a good first impression with potential employers.
The extracurricular programme is an optional, practice oriented part of your IUBH studies. The programme includes:
- Workshops and conferences on and off campus with a changing schedule of topics
- Guest lecturers with business experts and faculty from other universities
- Field trips to international companies.
From the first semester on, extracurricular activities provide additional guidance and insight into the structure as well as opportunities of an industry, combined with learning directly about different types of companies and potential areas of work and responsibility.
Students with strong academic performance can spend a semester abroad at one of our partner universities (in-house selection process).
You can find an overview of the current IUBH partner universities in our International Office section.